- Once you've started WireShark, go to Capture > Interfaces...
- Locate your machine's network adapter under the list of interfaces. Click the Options button for that adapter.
- In the Capture Options window, click the Capture Filter and enter a name for the filter.
- Provide a string for the filter with the IP address of the remote system, ensuring you put host in front of it:
- Click OK and click Start.
03 February 2009
Using WireShark to sniff HTTP packets
WireShark is a pretty powerful tool, especially in detecting certain issues with web apps. To start sniffing packets, follow these steps,