- Ensure you have "sysop" permissions and you're logged in.
- Select "Special Pages" from the toolbox on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on "Unused files" or "File list," depending on whether you want to delete an unused file or see all the files uploaded to the wiki.
- Find the file you wish to delete.
- Click the "(desc)" link that appears before the filename.
- Now click "(Delete all revisions of this file)".
- Confirm your choice and provide a reason for the deletion.
08 March 2010
Deleting uploaded files from MediaWiki
We had a request this morning for the deletion of a file a user had uploaded to our internal MediaWiki site. There didn't seem to be any straightforward [Delete] button anywhere. But where there's a will, there's a way. Here's how to delete an uploaded file: